Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jabba and Salacious B. Crumb & Mr Ballsack...




Okay, maybe the guy's name isn't Ballsack, but just look at him and the name seems natural. I picked up these two sketches recently- the "Ballsack" one off the Scoundrel Art Message Board from Darkmatter (Steve), and the "Jabba and Salacious B. Crumb" from a friend (Rob). Salacious B. Crumb- I had seen the character before but wasn't sure of the name, so after someone on Scoundrel clued me in, I looked him up on the Web in the Wookieepedia. Salacious B. Crumb was a Kowakian monkey-lizard known for his shrill laugh and sadistic sense of humor. Jabba found him amusing and offered him the role of Court Jester, allowing him to live if he amused Jabba at least once each day. I'm not sure how Mike does his sketches, but I'm always drawn to the eyes. Maybe he starts from the eyes and goes out... or maybe not. All I know is, the eyes seem to give depth to his characters. Check out the eyes on the Jabba & Salacious sketch- both characters.. along with Jabba's tongue I think they're the signature feature. Anyways, I think they're cool. Until next time, thanks for reading...

No comments: