Monday, May 25, 2009
















I've been lucky enough to pick up some of Mike's Indy Masterpiece sketches for a really reasonable price, so much so that I probably have more of his sketches from this set than any other. Mike loves Indiana Jones, and it comes thru in his art. I tend to gravitate towards the humorous sketches- like the dazed Nazi who got knocked off the truck- or Marion's Drinking Contest from the original movie (it just strikes me funny how Mike drew the guy she was drinking against)- or how Mike made the size differential so great in the Bald Guy fighting Indy (his hand is HUGE.. it looks like he's going to squash Indy's head like a melon). I think they're all great cards.
On another note, on this day I hope we all remember not only those who fought for our country in the past, but also those currently in the military serving our country. You're all heroes to me. Thanks for reading...

3 comments:

BILLSID said...

Nice cards, are they all Ebay purchases? You beat me out on the dizzy Nazi card!

locoduckfan said...

Yes they were all Ebay purchases. I did pull one of Mike's cards from a case I opened, but I was also able to pick up a bunch of his other cards via Ebay. Sorry about beating you out on the dizzy Nazi card- I've been on your end of auctions for Mike's cards more often than not. Thanks for the post!

BILLSID said...

I haven't been lucky enough to pull a Duron from a pack but I'm still trying! Sorry about the auctions I've been on a spree lately but I need to slow down. Have you checked out sketchcollectors.com? If not check it out you can upload your sketch cards and look up other collectors cards and artists. There's a few Durons on the site.