Friday, July 29, 2011

Galaxy 6 Return




While I like all 6 of the Star Wars movies, I'm a big fan of the original trilogy. So when Mike asked me if I wanted one of his Galaxy 6 return cards, I said I definitely did and went to thinking about what I wanted on it. I thought about some of my favorite scenes and came up with Luke's training with Yoda on Dagobah- two iconic characters. Mike agreed to draw the scene for me.. but didn't tell me he was sneaking another character onto the card (more about that later). Now I had read that Mike recently got engaged plus he's working on other projects, so I knew I was in for a bit of a wait. But since I've dealt with Mike before with return cards I also knew it was worth the wait. Mike didn't disappoint. When I got the card I was super impressed. The first thing I did was posted a scan of the card on Scoundrel Art to share it other collectors, and I was a little surprised by the first response... "Awesome card. Is it just me or does the tree kinda look like Vader?". I looked at the card again and the tree definitely looks like Vader! One of the most important moments of Luke's training is his "encounter" with Vader in the tree, so I was impressed by how much thought Mike put into the card to find a way to add that special touch. This card definitely is one of my favorites! I hope it's been a good summer for everyone. As always, thanks for reading...

No comments: