Sunday, August 21, 2011

Luke, R2, and a Chick with a Gun..







I picked up these two cards a while back and haven't gotten around to posting them. The Luke and R2D2 sketch is from "Galaxy 6" and the Aurra Sing is from "Clone Wars: Rise of the Bounty Hunters". The Aurra Sing was actually pulled from a pack out of a box of cards at the Philly show back in May- one of two Durons that I got out of boxes at that show. It was a good show! I won't say how much I paid for the Bounty Hunter box- but it was obscenely cheap- and pulling a color sketch by Mike was an added bonus. I picked up the Luke and R2 card on Ebay, and I must say I really like Mike's hatching and cross hatching shading work from this set. One of my other favorite Artists, Patrick Richardson, did some amazing cross hatching work on sets like Star Wars Galaxy 4 and Indiana Jones Masterpieces- check out his stuff if you get a chance (you can go to sketchcollectors.com, click on "Collectors Gallery", then under the "Select Artist" dropdown pick Patrick Richardson). I actually got 2 of Mike's "Lord of the Rings: Masterpieces II" sketches recently, so hopefully I'll be doing a post about them soon. Stay tuned.. and as always, thanks for reading...

No comments: