Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rats....


Rats...

I just got back from Steel City Con and "Rats..." had to be the theme of the weekend. First, because I picked up a great Michael Duron sketch from one of the other Dealers- Bryan Schemine- a great guy from Ohio. Another Indiana Jones Heritage to add to my collection. I had asked Bryan on Friday when we were setting up if he had any Michael Duron sketches and he didn't think he did, but on Saturday when I got there he said "why didn't you say 'Locoduck'? I have one of his"... and it turned out to be this furry rodent (see enclosed picture). The second reason "Rats..." was the theme of the weekend still has me crying in my Cheerios. The new Star Wars: Clone Wars just came out, so people were busting boxes left and right at the Con (myself included.. as always, hoping for a Duron). One of my customers said he had busted a box and all he could tell me about the sketch was "it had a big nose"... big nose.. hmmmmmmm. I asked him if I could see it, thinking maybe, just maybe he had pulled a Duron.. so he went and got it. Sure enough, there was a Count Dooku sketch done by none other than Michael Duron! And he and his sister-in-law had bought the two boxes right before I did! "Would you like to trade? Would you like to sell it?".. I didn't want to seem too desperate but I think he saw thru my not-too-calm exterior. No amount of asking/pleading/begging worked.. he wanted to take it home and do some research on it. Still though, he took my email address, so I'm hoping beyond hope that he'll contact me. I was that close.... RATS!.... Thanks for reading... Dave

No comments: