Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chewy x2



Galaxy 6 has been a bit of a roller coaster for me as far as being able to get Mike's sketches. I've bought 7 of his sketches so far, but only received 6 in the mail. Just my (bad) luck, the USPS lost one of the sketches I bought, which realllllllllllllly bums me out. Especially since the lost sketch was of a unique style. Ironically (as far as this post goes), the lost sketch was a Chewbacca sketch. It's been almost a month since the lost Chewbacca was mailed, so I'm losing hope fast. Wherever it is- behind some Post Office bin, or jammed inside a Sorting Machine, I hope it's found and resumes it's travels to Pennsylvania (Delivery Confirmation tracking has it's last known whereabouts at a USPS Sorting Facility in Scarborough, ME on March 7th.. then, it disappeared). As it is, I've also been able to procure these two Chewbaccas- a color Hobby sketch, and a "red" Retail sketch. For those readers who don't know, Star Wars Retail sketches can only be found at Target stores, and have some aspect of "red-ness" to them to coincide with Target's color scheme. Chewbacca doesn't seem to be very happy in either sketch. In fact, Mike captures the essence of Chewbacca's anger. I, for one, would not wanna mess with this Wookie! More sketches to be posted soon.. until then, thanks for reading...

No comments: