Sunday, April 10, 2011

Red.. with character



If you read my last post, you know that Topps retail sketches (found only at Target stores) have an intentional aspect of "redness" to them. I'll generally buy any of Mike's sketches that I can afford, so when these 2 popped up on Ebay I was hoping to win them. I thought Samuel L. Jackson was cast perfectly in the role of Mace Windu- he portrayed Mace with the toughness that a Jedi Master should have. Mike picks that up perfectly in this sketch, and equally as well with his caption of "I don't think so". When it was put on Ebay, I really wanted the Luke sketch. Shown on his home Planet of Tatooine (with it's twin suns in the background), I love how Mike intentionally made Luke's hair more shaggy. That's maybe Mike's greatest strength as an Artist- he adds character to the character. That's just my humble opinion. I've picked up at least one more of Mike's sketches on Ebay that I'm waiting for, and I was lucky enough to get one of his Returns, so when I get those I'll post them. Until then, thanks for reading...

No comments: