Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bling Bling..



Okay, maybe it's not exactly bling-bling in the traditional way, but my first Michael Duron color sketch deserves a grand title. That goes double for the sketch card of the Fellbeast and Nazgul about to attack Frodo.. when I got this sketch card it immediately became my new favorite. Unfortunately, that title will be short-lived, as I just recently purchased a sketch card that (as soon as it arrives in the mail) will become my new fav. You'll have to come back in the near future to find out which one that is.
I have to say I had one of my biggest Ebay disappointments one morning this week. I had checked out all the current Michael Duron sketch cards and nothing new had been put on that day (that was still available), but for some reason I decided to check "completed auctions" to see what Duron's had recently sold. I almost broke into tears when I saw the card on the top of the list. I haven't purchased any of Michael's Star Wars cards, but that's because I have yet to see one on Ebay. There was one on the top of the list.. a Princess Leia in the garbage chute with the garbage monster staring at her with love in his eye.. and it sold on a "Buy it Now" for $13!! THIRTEEN DOLLARS!!! Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghz. Another Princess Leia one sold later that day (also on a "Buy it Now") for $15!! Double Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghz! Ya win some ya lose some.. but some of those losses really hurt. Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

You know the bad thing about those Princess cards is one of em was a christmas freebie I threw in to share the holiday cheer. Then he turns around and sells it. Needless to say, there will be no more freebies going out except to certain individuals.

locoduckfan said...

Ya that does suck. I've been hoping to win one of those "freebies" :)
I almost fell off my chair when I saw those two cards and the price they were sold for. I contacted the person who won the two Princess Leia cards hoping to buy or trade for them, but I think he's keeping them. I know I've heaped alot of praise on you before, but I think you do awesome work. I'm trying to track down a card of yours that was sold right as I started collecting your stuff- it was LOTR's one with gollum clutching the ring as he was being swallowed up by the lava.. it's probably my favorite of the ones I've ever seen on Ebay. I'm headed to your site to buy one of your sketch books.. thanks for the post Mike.