Monday, May 19, 2008

I've Got a Beautiful Pair of.......



I've got a beautiful pair of.... Michael Duron sketches- and I got them in the mail today (see enclosed pictures). Two more "oldies but goodies" from the Lord of the Rings Masterpieces series. The first is Frodo holding the Light of Earendil in the cave of the giant spider Shelob. You gotta love Frodo's hairy feet- they look about size 15's on his 3.5' tall body. Just a wonderful drawing by Michael Duron. The second is a stoic pose by Gandalf holding his staff (lots of lonely nights on the road so what else is a Wizard to hold?). I picked both of these up from the same seller on Ebay (always save on shipping whenever possible people- one of Ebay's golden rules for buyers).
I ripped my second case of LOTR Masterpieces II the other day. Sorry to say no Duron's, but I did pull a sweet Patrick Hamill that I put on Ebay and it sold for $150 via a "Buy it Now" within an hour. Two case of Masterpieces II and two Patrick Hamill's. I can't really complain since I've sold the two for $200 and $150, but I'd love to have pulled a Duron. More soon, but for now thanks for reading...
Dave

No comments: