Friday, May 30, 2008

A Good Week




It's been a good week. I was able to work two deals on the Scoundrel Art Message Boards for two Michael Duron sketches including the one of Gollum in this post (thanks to Gary Krock- "diamond" on the Message Boards- for a smooth transaction). This week also brought me a Cave Troll bonanza, including my new favorite- the one with the Cave Troll chasing Gimli (that's one BIG hammer). I had seen this card on Ebay with a higher "Buy it Now" price than I wanted to pay. Luck was with me as the card didn't sell and the owner relisted at a cheaper price (more in my price range) that I quickly snapped up. This one came from "across the Pond" from the United Kingdom- the second Duron sketch that I've got from the U.K.

You may have noticed a trend with my Duron sketch cards- so far I've only bought Michael Duron sketches from Lord of the Rings Masterpieces. This is not from a lack of trying to buy from other sets, it's just bad luck and bidding against other Duron collectors with deeper pockets (you know who you are out there.. Mike and Ed in particular). As I've said before, it's understandable being that Duron's stuff is the coolest out there. I also bought Mike's "IT CAME FROM THE POND" sketchbook from his site and I'm waiting to get it in the mail.. looking forward to it. Speaking of his site, check out his Marvel Masterpieces 2 preview- he did some absolutely amazing sketches for that series. He hasn't posted on his site for awhile, but his last post said he was sick. Here's a shoutout hoping that you're feeling better soon. Thanks for reading..
Dave

No comments: