Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What a Bargain!


What can you get nowadays for a dollar? Chicken nuggets at Wendy's, a 1/4th of a gallon of gas, or a 2-liter of pepsi (if it's on sale)... May 11th must have been my lucky day because on that day I got a Michael Duron sketch card for .99 (picture enclosed). I'm calling it an "oldie but a goodie" since it's from 2006 (yeah, real old huh? lol) and he signed it MikeD instead of his newer handle of Michael "Locoduck" Duron. May 11th was bonus day- I also picked up a Leah Mangue from the same ebay seller for $5.50 that ironically was also a Gollum sketch. Maybe it was Gollum Discount Day or the first annual Smeagol Sales Spectacular and I didn't know it, but whatever the case I was one happy camper. I'm going to venture a guess that it'll be the first and last Michael Duron sketch that I find for under a dollar... but then again who knows? Only 362 days til next year's Smeagol Sales Spectacular. More to come, but for today thanks for reading...
Dave

No comments: