Saturday, May 10, 2008

Indiana Jones Crystal Skull Case Break


So I got my case of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on Thursday and couldn't wait to tear into the boxes, hoping for a killer sketch card or at least one of the big autographs from the set. I opened my first box and got... nothing. No sketch card and no autograph. I called my buddy who had opened a case the day before to see how many dud boxes he got.. none he told me. So I opened and opened and pulled 7 sketch cards including this amazingly detailed one by Leah Mangue (picture enclosed), but no autographs. Personally, I put more stock into the sketch cards than the autographs, but odds stated on the packs that autographs were 1:78 packs, so who knows- maybe my box was supposed to have Harrison Ford or Steven Spielberg or George Lucas. I was pretty bummed. A call to Topps Customer Service the next day did nothing to alleviate the mood- they told me: "We don't guarantee anything so we won't send you anything extra". I felt a little cheated. So I checked the internet for message boards to tell the world about how Topps treats their customers. This isn't my first run in with Topps- I've collected sportscards for 20+ years so I've had to contact them before... thing is, with sportscards they're usually fair with me, but now with non-sports they're giving me a hassle.
My luck changed today. I just won two Michael Duron sketches on Ebay, so I'll be posting pics as soon as I get them. I'm also sending out thanks to Leah Mangue- I emailed her to ask her about the card I pulled and she was very gracious to return my email with extra information that I could use in my ebay listing. Check out her website at: http://www.lmangue-art.net/ . Thanks for reading...
Dave

2 comments:

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

Can't wait to see the sketches you won.

Unknown said...

Hey...thank you so much for the plug and the kind words! :D

I really appreciate that!

Leah